Monday, September 04, 2006

Crocodile Hunter Stung to death!

A shock to all and me included. Famous Aussie Crocodile Hunter - Steve Irwin died today while filming.

Crocodile Hunter - Steve Irwin


"Irwin was at Batt Reef, off the remote coast of northeastern Queensland state, shooting a segment for a series called “Ocean’s Deadliest” when he swam too close to one of the animals, which have a poisonous bard on their tails, his friend and colleague John Stainton said.
He came on top of the stingray and the stingray’s barb went up and into his chest and put a hole into his heart, said Stainton, who was on board Irwin’s boat at the time."

Frankly, it is a shock. But after the shock slowly began to sink into me, I thought it's really an expected piece of news, just a matter of time, but I didn't see it coming so soon. Just two years back he caused an uproar while holding his daughter in one arm while feeding a crocodile at close proximity. The thought was, his daughter is only 8 and son 3. Pretty sad. As much as I have always disagreed with the way he films his documentary, I also do admire him for his undying courage, passion and love to be so close to the cold-blooded animals. Only an avid conservationalist would be able to work like he did.

Life is short, how sad. Sam once told me about what his DGL illustrated life as a week...

An average human life expectancy is 70-80years. Let's split these 70 years into groups of seven, naming each group from Monday to Sunday. So Monday will be age 0-10, Tues will be age 11-20 and so on. Right now, I am on a Wednesday noon and my parents are already on Saturday tea-time. What about you my friends? If we see life in this manner, will we still live as we are now, knowing Sunday is the day we leave this earth?

I'm really not sure, but it does make me sit up and do something about my life. One point my dad brought up when discussing about this was, he said that life is so unexpected that sometimes, a Tuesday will go before a Friday. How blunt, but yet truthful...

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"

~ Matthew 6:25-27 NIV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home