Monday, April 09, 2007

How annoying...

I was, for the past few days, thinking about the list of things that annoys me the most...

then it came...

this email, a response to one which I sent to the other party, does not contain any
GREETINGS, SIGNING OFF or NAMES. Yet he is someone who has a professional title.

This is not the first time I received similar emails from the same person and it just puts me into thinking if this person is mad? tired? irritated? or WHAT?

I know it's unfair, afterall Computer Mediated Communications (CMC) has reduced Social Context Cues and in many occassions sent wrong intentions, misunderstandings across the cyberspace.

Similarly, on many occasions, I have received SMSes that sounded extremely hostile and you wonder... maybe there should be some CMC etiquette classes to educate people on how pleasant and nice you should sound over such cues-filtered out communication mediums.

***

That's the thought of the day.

side note: Group mates did comment that I sounded pretty fierce over smses.. I guess they don't really get it, do they? I meant it. They ought to have done their part ages ago! Okay, I'm just sounding mean.

P.E.A.C.E

1 Comments:

Blogger Aileen said...

Hm...remember the golden rule? I guess it's not very civilize to do unto others what others do unto you. These people just need to be shown the proper manner in which emails are to be written. *_*

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home