Friday, December 07, 2007

The FUNKY side of CHINESE

I was waiting for the train when I saw the ad through the glass doors..


MANDARIN = COOL = GAME?


MANDARIN + GAME = COOL?


I don't see how it links sportsmen and mandarin and coolness together.


But I sure find that Singapore is really going all the way out get the youngsters into the Mandarin fever.


Will they succeed?


I dunno.


Maybe with S-PoP.. YES?


It's pretty sad.


We never really hear Singapore pushing for Malays or Indians to speak their Mother Tongue language.


What's with speaking Mandarin? Low class? Uncool? or... you really don't know?


I think Mandarin is one of the most unique and beautiful language which has complicated strokes in the characters compared to the circles & lines.


Frankly, there's nothing to be proud of being a monolinguist.


Go polish your Mandarin, support 华语COOL campaign & be a proud Singaporean Chinese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home