Monday, April 14, 2008

Chain the Demon!

How does it help when you are greeted with a gust of wind that carries the aroma of curry with the first step out of the train station?

Zilch.

Sigh. really, I should quit whining about curbing that temptation and start binging away to the sound of Bollywood!

Anyway, the only thing I miss having the office in siglap is the 1 hr trip back home with Dad.

Though sometimes I wonder where his energy come from after a long day at work, I still appreciate that ride back, with him chattering away while I fight really hard to keep my eyes open. I discover new stuff about that cool guy after every ride. Awwww~~~

***

The last time i walked down the streets of Little India was to satisfy my craving for some Indian vegetarian meal.

I never really knew it is quite a nice place to shop at especially you are a fan of Indian's wayang.

I know that surely, if I work here long enough, I would be the proud owner of a gorgeous piece of sari!

Check out the beauty of this ethnic dress...


Shows the curves with nothing to hide.

I am, proud to say, an ethnic costume collector. With little invested yet.

On my family vacation to Vietnam in '04, I spent on the first contemporary Vietnam costume - Ao Dai.

I figured it will look silly to be in the traditional Ao Dai



thus I got a contemporary looking one with halter, somewhat like the one below but comes in black and green. :)


Haven't had the chance to wear it yet :O


Plus in a small collection is another Organza kebaya white top. Goes well with a white spag & jeans maybe.

Sadly, traditional costumes cost a bomb, especially if you choose to tailor it.

Cheongsam, not yet. But maybe when I find a nice pattern.

But if I visit Korea, it will be their hanbok!

and the day to wear all of them?

My Wedding Date :)

1 Comments:

Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Oh, that's nice. Dad and I don't chat much in the car during our trip back from work last time. Usually we listen to Newsradio. Tiring ride with all the traffic. Sigh.

Anyway, wow! Sari. I likey! Should visit you and your Ah Neh neighbourhood soon. Hahaha.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home