Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My Mom . The Boy. The Fries.

Tuition was cancelled, and thank Goodness I found out only just before I got onto the bus.

Went back to find my mom and headed to Mac for lunch with her. While finishing up the piping hot fries, mom, being the usual commentator of what's happening in a particular place, alerted me to this little plump malay primary school boy.

We looked over and found him sitting alone with an empty apple pie box on the tray, staring across at the group of Secondary school boys who were munching away and making a din.

"He's hungry still," mom observed, "but I think he has no more money."

I sniggered. Not at the boy, but at how my mom likes to interpret the actions of others based on her own assumption.

The boy stood up went to the counter and disappeared for a while. He came back empty handed.
"See?" mom's still trying to prove her point.

"Aiya... then you offer our fries to him lor..."

Mom likes to talk about people whenever she goes out with us. And it makes me wonder why...

Suddenly, mom stretched her hand to her back, leaned forward to the Malay boy and asked in the her Chinese accented English..

"You hungry? Want to eat fries? You no money?" The boy looked at her, stunned for a while, could only managed a "Ya" and walked out of Mac sadly with his schoolbag.

He ran away...

What did you want to do?

A small packet of fries is only $1 right? I wanted to take my money out. But he ran away...

I thought you were trying to dig your backside... -_-

***

There you have it.. that's my mom. Felt like grabbing her cheeks to shake it like how I would to a cute baby. She's forever so cute. Orh^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home