Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A night of babel*

Night of Babel 1

Daniel's friend had some free tickets to the preview of Babel and we headed down to Lido at night to catch it - not knowing what I was in for.

Sign #1: Ivy said she read the reviews and they were pretty positive, plus it starrs Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett.

Sign #2: While heading to Lido 4, Sam pointed at the tickets "M18: Sexual Scenes"

Sign #3: Opening title with text that reads "Foreign International Film"

Sign #4: Director - Alejandro Gonzalez Innaritu

Sign #5: The scenes in the film switched very abruptly

Sign #6: I looked at my watch, "11.25pm" - and I'm still sitting in the rocky Lido seat, shifting around in extreme discomfort.

Sign #7: Walked out of the cinema at 11.42pm - heavy headed

Conclusions of the 7 signs
.
.
.

it's an excellent arty farty film... -_-II

Frankly, the show requires one to bring their brains and stamina into the cinema. It's not one which you can laugh and forget about it because little meanings are locked in the different intertwined stories. Sam says it's something like Crash ( I haven't watched it ). But yes, it's about racial discrimination, alienation and discovery of human nature.

It's 24 hrs after watching the show and I'm beginning to like it.

***

Night of Babel 2

After the show, I offered to send Dan, Man & Sam home afterall these three boys stay pretty near my place and since I've to send Mr Sam home anyway...

Big mistake.

As if having ONE guy in the car wasn't enough... I offered my backseats to TWO other.

Ladies, next time if you're driving, don't even think about getting guys in the car (even if you may be F1 racer).. reason --> Guys never stop talking.

Yes. They say women nag alot. But this is the moment where guys UNKNOWINGLY nag. They call out the words like "Stop, brake, too fast, Wooo, Relax" and behave like complete WOMEN! Not only that these are the words that make lady drivers P.A.N.I.C.K and drive badly and then they get down the car complaining what a horrible driver she is.

Most encouraging words at the start of the drive... Manson asked " how come your back seatbelt doesn't lock?"

Girls, when someone ask that just as they step into ur car.. it's not a good sign. Immediately unlock ur car and send him out of the door.. *snigger* .. that is called M.I.S.T.R.U.S.T.

*yawn* Now, maybe now you know, MEN are equally WOMEN too. *yawn yawn yawn*

***

***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home