Saturday, January 06, 2007

F.F.F.F. - Fatty Fried Food on Friday *yikes!*

Urgh. Abstaining from fried food almost became one of my resolutions after my last post. (I was, afterall, formulating a list of resolutions at work today =) ) Until today.

1. A fillet-O-fish meal for dinner
(thank God I didn't buy the sinfully tempting Prosperity burger meal - i like black pepper & i'm learning to eat meat other than my usual, F.I.S.H)

2. Potato Wedges & Zesty Fish Bites @ Cafe Cartel
Because of that Sam & I had to take a cab home. No thanks to the incredibly bad service of Cafe Cartel @ PS. I think they should've never started implementing svc charge. It's just so difficult to get the waiters' attention.

1. We didn't get the warm water we indicated on the ordering form
2. Waved to one and requested for a warm and cold water instead
3. Came 10 mins later
4. Warm water was steaming hot, cold water was room temperature 'cold'.
5. The cup containing 'cold' water was full of oily fingerprints
6. Requested for another, similar dirty cup
7. Waited for 15mins for our bill to come after handing them the credit card.

Sigh.. Frankly, if I was really mean tonight, I would've insisted on not paying the service charge. But nevermind. I'm feeling good today.

***
After Sam got down the cab, the taxi uncle started talking to me.

Are you both Christians? Hear the way you both talk

*scratch*
I wonder how Christians sound like

Why Christians students don't like to go NTU...

*scratch scratch*

What you think of NUS & NTU...

*scratch scratch scratch*
fancy asking a NUS student that.. what do you think I would say?

Why did you choose to go NUS to do shared major between Comms & Theatre and not go to the very popular School of Comm in NTU?

*hm... because it's nearer my house?*plus... there's no theatre studies in NTU?*

He went on to promote NTU Accountancy course to me, just because his children are there... and he told me that only top 5% students get into School of Comm in NTU

*Uncle, not very difficult to get in what... *

Yes.. Very difficult one! Need A in General Paper

*but... I was offered a place there after the test and a round of interview.. not very difficult mah. Plus, I from poly... *

Huh?!? Really ar? Then you waste your chance.. so silly...

*uncle... just drop me there. Bye~!*

In between he tried to correct the way I pronounced Communications & stressed the importance of how a Comm student should pronounce correctly. Initially I thought he was trying to ask around so that he could help his children find out which Uni is better to enter. When I started discussing the ranking of the two Unis, he got more worked up and began defending NTU. *sigh* Uncle, you asking for my opinion ma~~~

Plus, I went through this kind of debate when choosing between NTU and NUS. Now that he's bringing it up again.. I'm not sure but I would seriously keep comments to myself unless it's a clueless student who is torn between the two choices I would share a more objective view.



Maybe that's how Taxi Uncles keep themselves awake in the night shift

.
.
.


getting into a debate with their passengers.

2 Comments:

Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Good grief!
Take taxi at night must relax lah. Just snooze man. Still talk to uncle over boliao stuff. Like which uni is better? There really is NO answer to this question.
I will just shut him up by drifting off with, "Hm...Hm". Then close my eyes. (-_-)Zzzzz

3:44 PM  
Blogger Aileen said...

so typical u... :P I've had so many of ur hmm hmm treatment and I feel it's not nice. haha

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home