Wednesday, January 24, 2007

*Play Prod results out~!*

Yippie & Praise be to God for He is Good!

Dr Loon uploaded the results onto ivle this afternoon and I woke up just in time to catch 'first' hand news! I'm assigned to be one of the ten cast members, exact role is not specified yet cuz he said that he will go through the rehearsals and then determine which character we should play.

Play will be put up at National Museum Gallery Theatre end of Mar (Wk 11) and it will probably run for four days.

Thurs - preview
Fri - Gala night
Sat & Sun.

*so exciting*!! (Do the Dolly scream)

No, unlike what the guys think.. I don't want to be the cast for the fame. *what crappy thoughts*.. I just cannot imagine in a theatre production I have to do marketing aka getting sponsorships neither am I great with costumes or lights (yikes*)

Cast members have to go through tonnes of tiring rehearsals, late nights, overnights, line memorising yadayada to stand on stage to produce a good show and most importantly you must understand the character you are playing to do it well. Theatre studies is more than just plain acting. (for the uninformed Sci students who can roll their eyes and ask "How do you study theatre?")

But I'm sure people who love stage acting would agree that, being on stage and being under the lights, listening to the applause.. give me the mystical energy and confidence.

Teehee.. anyway... whatever decision it was, I'm sure it was of God's will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home