Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Hard to say goodbye

I finally picked up the courage and the determination to tell Heidi I'm quitting.

That was Saturday. For the next three hours before I ended work, was extremely tensed. I wished I could run away.

Upon hearing that, she teared uncontrollably and left the shop for a long time. Came back, didn't talk to me much.

At that point, I realised that 'Sorry' wasn't exactly the hardest thing to say. But 'Goodbye' especially to those you love.

I suddenly thought of death. At least I had a chance to say 'Goodbye' to those at work and I could always visit them when I pass by the vicinity. What about times when your loved ones leave without saying 'Goodbye'? And the next time when you tell them, they could no longer hear you for their soul has left the body?

I remembered Ivy asking me what was important in my life. I would now say, FAMILY.

Money used to be one of the top priority to me. Not anymore. Just look at the NKF saga. It all boils down to greed, fame, money. Read about them, it's child's act.

This in turn reminded me of a 'historical' conversation I had with YH. He mentioned once that building relationships is important. I retorted his statement on the basis that he has already gotten what he wanted. Being a Dentist which would allow him to earn more than any of us. He said no, not true. He says I will understand when I get to his age.

I guess I do now.

I cannot imagine the day when it is finally my turn to say 'Goodbye' to my parents... ... for good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home