Thursday, October 04, 2007

Teach... not Teach.. Don't Teach... Teach >.<

It's nearing the end of week.. this means good news for me :)

I've been so tired for the whole of the week, so bad that I fell asleep while studying for Advertising last night.

Thank God I took the same module in Poly so it only took me an hour and a half to finish mugging over lunch today. *phew*

One more paper due for submission tmr.. and obviously I'm refusing to get down to it.

***

Mom was telling me this morning, that those who join teaching after working a few years outside get higher pay.

What was she hinting?

Frankly, I never considered teaching as a career option.. I guess I really don't want to be like my secondary sch teachers.

Why?
- Some teachers look like they are so ready to get out of school once they finish their bond
- Others have been in this career for too long they are becoming so stale & boring
- Some bring their personal problems to class and vent it out on us
- While one, in his goodwill, torture, frighten, employ all the harsh techniques to make us do well.
- Some are just in it for the money, they don't care if you learn or not. Once e bell rings, they're outta school

- Some are just not cut out to be teachers because they lack patience & skill of imparting
- A few become teachers so they can the kick of showing their prowess, exaggerating their splendid achievement when they were our age... *urgh*
- All of them think they are RIGHT and we are always wrong! WTH!!!
- It's hardly you hear a teacher APOLOGISE, or at least during my time. Even if they are wrong, they TWIST the situation to make US in the wrong.

Believe me and when you try to correct them, they either think you're rebelling, got problems at home or psychologically unsound.

That was what happened when I was in Sec 4.

My fantastic, superb ex-air steward EL teacher is one classic example of one who doesn't teach, come into class, shows his chest hair, suffocate us with overpowering cologne, flaunt his wealth and his great taste in the luxuries of life aka Bang & Olufsen home audio equipment. One day while sharing about the stupidity of some Bangla pple who doesn't know how to operate his B&O set, he whipped out the catalogue, passed it around to show how it looks & how much it cost.

In a moment of anger, I just asked him to stop showing off, be considerate to the not-so-well-off classmates. My buddy agreed aloud & in the end he asked to see us during recess. For some freaking reason, he took 45 mins and psychoed us into admitting that we had some personal emotional problems and that was why we had to defy him in class, when in actual fact we are FINE, and he was in the wrong! -_-

That was my one & only time for talking back & that was what I got in return....

I am afraid to be like one of these teachers =(

***

Of course, I'm not saying all the teachers are bad.

Some are really nice.... like Ms Grace Chong Really... I mean it. She's forever with that... mimi eyes whenever she sees me...... ^_^

***

I enjoyed my relief teaching stint in BP, but i probably would have given the boot if I'm a permanent MOE teacher.

That's because what I tell/show/do to the kids are unconventional and certainly unapproved in the eyes of other teachers.

But then, the others are so caught up in trying to finish the syllabus.. they not only suffocate the kids, they make me so NOT fun too... -_-

Esp for English. *urgh*

There's so much more fun in the subject and it doesn't just lie in essay after essays after essayssss...

***

God... I didn't realise I've written that long. Anyhow... this entry is just kept between U (my readers) & ME.. current teachers shall hear nothing of this =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home