Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Why Oh Why...

Today isn't exactly the best day... Don't know why.

Not many reasons to pick from:

1) At work.. gosh, so much to clear before production begins

2) Today is A Maths exams & I didn't get the best reply from the girls

3) Took half day to sit for a test which I have no idea why I was there!

4) Couldn't even nap at home because I just can't. (Oddly, I sleep so well in trains +.+)

5) Relapse of old injury on left ankle and made me limp for the past few days *sob*

---

Really. Point (2) was the worst of all and has made me think alot.

I remembered back in school when friends who are weaker in maths ask me some questions, I get extremely exasperated when they just don't get it!

Now that my temper has become much better, the students ain't even trying!

How do I get my point across to them that I can only teach them this much, the rest is really up to them to practise!!! If they don't, formulas and methods of applications just slip through their fingers that easily! On top of that, you need to try try and try.

Where did that spirit of perserverance go? URGH.

The difference between maths and the science is that, as long as u try, practise, figure you will solve a maths question. But science is rigid! If you don't know it there and then, you will never get the answer. Unless of course you do your research & read up during your own time.

Sigh.. that much for all the ranting..

the difference being a tutor & a school teacher is.. a tutor can't scold.

But they are too old to be scolded too. SIGHHHHHH...

---

Never mind, at least I have some heart warming smses from two handsome boys yesterday and the beginning of the week *wink*

Comforting to know that my one month stint at BP has made some really good 'friends'.

Well, work hard kids. Before you know it, school's over and the real world comes.

I thought it will be interesting to collect a little data using the poll at my sidebar. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger I.V.Y. said...

The difference between a tutor and a school teacher is: A schoolteacher 'forces' students to attend extra remedial lessons and the student whines and bitches about it.
A tutor gets requests for extra lesson and get paid for it.
Muahahaha!

As for lazy students...oh well. They shouldn't even bother with tuition at all.

12:48 AM  
Blogger WeiHao said...

Come back to teaching ):

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home