Sunday, May 11, 2008

Warning! Tears abound!

I wasn't expecting much when I picked up May's issue of Vanilla Magazine from the mailbox.

Afterall, it was just another women's magazine out there.

Chucked it in my bag so I could read on my journey to work.

Wrong move.

As I turned the pages, tears started to well up in my eyes when i read articles after articles on mother & child relationships.

Cover story was on this Myammar girl who lost her mom when she was studying here alone & how her mom used to pack a box of her favourites for her to bring back to Singapore everytime she went home for vacation.

Other touching stories included the exchange of letters between the magazine's editor and her mother.

It was silly of me because I forgot I'm an emotional bun.

Like my mom, we are termed the crybabies of the house while my dad and sister are proven to have extremely dry eyes and inactive tear glands.

If only Ivy was there to FINALLY witness someone crying on the train (not from fighting with bf) but from reading.

Don't get me wrong, I don't cry from fighting =.= NEVER.

Anyway, in view of today's special occassion, take sometime to appreciate someone who has painstakingly brought you up despite you calling that irritating.

You will, one day, become a parent yourself.

1 Comments:

Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Haha, softie cutie.

Indeed, you never tear when you fight. You just wack the pulp outta people! Heeheehee...

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home