Friday, June 06, 2008

English Good Time!

With absolute no pun intended, I definitely had an English good time when I hang out with Englishman.

While strolling around Raffles Hotel this afternoon, Joyce pointed out in the most tactful manner that I have a funny way of using fetch, take & bring.

I guess it must have been something that was getting on her nerves that she finally had to tell me.

I don't blame her. I get all squirmy when people cannot pronounce the word "Japanese" & "lettuce" in the right way.

Let me practise a little here with you:

John will fetch you from school

John will take you to the hotel

John will bring the wine to you.

***

You know what? This is certainly not something new to me because once in a big blue moon, my dad will start his grammar-in-the-car lessons with me and it was just horrible!

I never could get it right anyway :(

***

When we finally settled back at Brian's place, ran through tmr's schedule at Brian's desk, he suddenly interrupted and said I shouldn't say, "Can you help me hold these"

To use the word help means ..... ?

I don't know. I forgot what he said!

Anyway, I sure am in a good environment of Englishmen to correct me.

I loved every moment of it.

And... yes Dad, you can stop your I-told-you-so stare now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home