Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Back ...

Yes, the usual phrase ~ it's been long.

Past few days had been physically draining but mentally enriching.

Joyce Dunbar, the author who wrote Moonbird, came down to Singapore and I have been the unofficial, untrained, totally unprofessional tour guide.

It was, in fact, my honour to be able to stick around a very prolific UK writer for children's stories. I have never come that close to spending days with someone so wise.

I have been brought back to my childhood days where I picked up picture books. As I flipped them now, it's all viewed in a different perspective.

The illustrations, the story, the ending, the characters.

She told me, people write because they have problems. And the bigger their problems, the better their stories (of course, if they put it all in the right way), because solutions have to come after problems.

A happy person cannot write much.

I'm not a writer, and so I don't know how true is that.

I really don't wish to hang around her anymore, because she is making me love my job more. She's so brilliant to be with, I wonder where will I get this chance anymore if I was never in this company :(

It's funny what God does sometimes. And I will never understand that.

I may be in this industry longer than I could have ever imagine.

We'll wait and see.


~ Your destiny comes from the strength of your desire~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home