Monday, September 18, 2006

Babies are cute! But...


Babies are Cute! Posted by Picasa

"They're so cute!!!" So often people (esp. girls who coo when they see babies). Other than giving a weak smile, I would jus feel so edgy. No I don't hate kids, i just don't like them. Some girlfriends of mine would ask in excitement how many of them I would love to have, I would lie about the number. But in truth, I want none. If I had openly confessed to them, they would just run away from me.

I think that very often, these girls/people who proclaim their immense love for children are very deluded and shortsighted. I think their love is mainly for CUTE ones, not naughty brats and so often, they forget the hassle and the nightmare they need to go through to rear these brats up. If I could 'CLICK' this moment for them, they would probably wished they said, 'they hate kids'.

Before you start thinking I'm an Anti-kid, I would like to say, I'm not. Or am I?

Technically speaking, if I hate kids, I wouldn't be a current tutor to 7 kids. Wait... 3 kids, 4 adolescents. Ok. I think I hate the 3 kids. They drive me nuts with their attitude. Yes, so if you think raising a CUTE baby is easy, wait till you hit the phase where he/she is ten years old.

I think a little bit of reasoning ought to be done here to stop me from rattling on and on about how I dislike young children.

Actually I'm just afraid of having a bad kid. My reasons are justified.
1. My genes aren't that great - tracing back all the way from my predecessors
--> Hot-headedness, violent, bad looks, medium height.. etc
2. I'm afraid of being in my mom's shoes to face another me or my sis.

I think two reasons are good enough to scare me off. As I was listening to Jay Chou's 听妈妈的话, I started to reflect on my life with mom in it. I think I hurt her more than I cared for her, maybe that's why I don't want to be in her shoes to feel the hurt.

I think I'm thinking too much... ...
-----------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home