Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Affected?

I don't know. After chancing upon Kevin's blog, looking at Anjana's first musical.. I'm left to wonder.. am I happy for them or am i envious and jealous?

He sings and writes well, and she acts really well. Even my other Nanda just finished his week long of SRT's performance and Hid is beginning her melayu production at Esplande next month.

I started to think, I am really affected. I begin to think, where am I today? I'm still a struggling student... unsure of my directions. Sitting here hoping opportunities will rain from the heavens.

In the industry I'm about to step in, it's either you in or you're out. There's no chance to be in a liminal space. It's a rat race.

Pastor Kow preached on LIVING A BALANCED LIFE just this sunday. He said ' Is it worth being in a rat race? In the end you're still a rat.'

It's hilarious. But then again, we're all rats today isn't it? What he said, was it meant to be Christian? Or self-consolation? Because you THINK you can never win in a rat race you start to think you don't want to be a rat in the rat race. Does that change your life forever? Does it stop you from being a winning rat because you have never the guts to be one?

I'm afraid. I don't want to lose, neither do I want to be un-Christian.

Maybe that's why I cannot stop jumping at chances. I need to do something in everything.
-- a shocking self-revelation today

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should just enjoy the remaining of your school days like a carefree student instead of worrying excessively about the 'uncertain' future.

And the industry you are about to step into, presents a world of possibilities. Your degree allows you to work in places and areas you never dream there would be. You are your own limiting factor.

Therefore, I think the preconception of 'it's either you in or you're out' doesn't really apply. Unless of course, you are thinking along the lines of the FAME game.

If you feel that's exactly what's plaguing you, and you desire it, it's high time you approach the industry with a new set of strategy and lots of drive.

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is not that you shouldn't have goals - to become the best artiste, the most famous entertainer, a household name etc.

It is about - as what Pastor Kow said - what is central to your life. And it is easy to identify what your life revolves around.

(As Pastor said again) Ask yourself: What do I aim to achieve with all these actions?

If it is fame, then fame is the centre of your life. If it is money / recognition / power blah blah, then all these are the pillars of your life. And do you want your life to revolve around seeking fame (and all the others)?

As Pastor said, at the centre of the whirlwind of your life - like the eye of a hurricane - should be God.

(And I quote him again, to the best of my memory. Heh) "Too often we think in a number sequence, with the most important (1) God (2) Family (3) blah blah. But it should not be in sequence.

The most important thing should be in the centre.

Your life should revolve around a core. And so, what is at the core of your life?"

There are many famous Christians who can be considered as having "won the rat race", but that hasn't stopped them from having their lives revolving around Christ.

What does your life revolve around?

Hope that helps :)

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home