Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Are You Gorgeous?

Keryn asked what I thought of plastic surgery today. I laughed. I was never against it and in fact, I was thinking of it. A lot.

I could tell you what kind of double eyelid surgeries Singapore's famous Plastic Surgeon, Dr. W.Woooo is offering and how much it cost and that Korea has a building called the BK Clinic that houses hundreds of plastic surgeons. And that's because I've been checking these out since the beginning of this year. Ya, I was thinking if one day you guys hear me going to Korea, I would return looking like someone else.

Maybe, I'm not prepared to finish my savings that's why I'm still the same old me. Spilling my thoughts on this topic and revealing my intentions to you guys are big moves for me. But because I chanced upon an article in a Christian Magazine - WildAboutYou. I hope that this article will touch your hearts just as it did for me.

"Have you ever asked yourself, Does anyone see me? Will anyone ever call me gorgeous? Maybe you've bought into the lie that you'll never be pretty enough, tall enough, smart enough, unique enough, or important enough.

You look at everyone around you and think, There's no way I can compete.

But here's some great news: The God who slung the stars across heavens... whose very breath gives life.. that God, the Kind, has always been taken with you. He thinks you're gorgeous. In fact, He is absolutely wild about you!

When God looks at you, He sees all the beauty He created. He sees every potential. Every gift. He loves the curly hair that you wish were straight. He loves your smile and the shape of your nose. He's crazy about big feet and wobbly knees and every curve you wish would go away. He loves the inside and the outside of you. After all, you were His idea! You are physically and emotionally BEAUTIFUL to Him."

Listen, O Daughter, consider and give ear: Forget your people and your father's house. The king is enthralled by your beauty; honour him, for he is your Lord. ~ Psalm 45:10-11

No, I'm not thinking of double eyelids, sharper nose or flatter tummy.. I think it's unfair to change the way I look just because I think I am ugly. That's so disrespectful and practically an insult to God's masterpiece.

Keeping fit is fine, not obsession with being skinny.
(don't worry guys, I will never starve myself. Food is my 2nd love after God.. hahaha... )


Cheers,
the one who thinks she's fat, flabby, short, single eyelided, button nosed girl but who is thankful she has a perfect face!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home