Friday, June 06, 2008

Fuming Bad Time!

I have been the most unoriginal with my post titles, but I don't care.

Believe me, I think I need a little pat on my shoulder for being a wonderful pufferfish.

Joyce was scheduled to have an autograph session and a talk at a bookstore today and I was certainly looking forward to it, thinking i probably would witness a hundred times smaller JK Rowling session.

Lo and behold, when we reached the bookstore, there was no sign of an event happening nor the sight of the signing table.

The marketing team met us and started to explain the possibility of not getting anyone at the bookstore.

To cut the story short, nobody turned up and the senior sales executive and marketing executive grab a bunny Joyce carried around and went out to the basement, did their silly antics to persuade people to come into the the bookstore just to see her.

It was the most embarrassing moment and I was ready to walk out anytime when Joyce was ready.

She didn't.

She held me back calmly and told me it wouldn't do any good and she had just expected it that way.

Believe me, I thought I was literally puffing up like a fish and probably would have floated silly away.

5 marketing people in the LARGEST book distributor organisation could not even get a crowd at the LARGEST bookstore at Raffles City. What a SHAME!

And I will not be saying names but I sure told them that they could have done a BETTER job with 5 people in the team.

My company has only 5 employees and we can run 43 performances over 3 weeks. Mark the difference.

I have NEVER felt so proud in my life.

I swore, never ever to work with the people in the LARGEST bookstore at Raffles City again.

And I am still not saying names.

2 Comments:

Blogger DeeLu said...

good job for not blowing up... and shows the maturity of Joyce... so how did u use fetch take and bring wrong?

3:29 PM  
Blogger Aileen said...

Yeah, how true to a saying that goes 'A still tongue keeps a wise head'.

Well, I kept telling her that I will BRING her to chijmes/home/library.

I should have said, "I will TAKE you home"

I find it really amusing. But I'm sure she is right.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home